graphics/s2tc vs graphics/libtxc_dxtn

David Naylor dbn at freebsd.org
Tue Mar 29 06:25:03 UTC 2016

On Sunday, 20 March 2016 23:53:30 Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
> Le 20/03/2016 22:39, David Naylor a écrit :
> > Hi,
>
> Hi!
>
> > While addressing a user reported issue with i386-wine-staging I created a
> > port based on the GitHub repo https://github.com/divVerent/s2tc to
> > provide the libtxc_dxtn library.
>
> If libtxc_dxtn.so gets included in i386-wine*, that's cool! I submitted
> libtxc_dxtn for exactly that purpose but it was never included in Wine
> unfortunately.
>
> > I am in favour of keeping s2tc if we include the tools, otherwise think we
> > should drop that port.
>
> I agree only one port is needed and I'm fine with your proposal.
>
> Thank you for doing this!

The port has been removed, replaced by s2tc (see r412096).

I am happy to give maintainership over to x11 at .  However, the policy over at
kde@ is they prefer individuals to maintain ancillary ports (reduces the load
on the team).  In that spirit I am also happy to maintain s2tc (with a blanket
approval to x11 to change the port - please just give me a FYI).

Regards,