Suspend/resume options for broadwell card?

Eric McCorkle eric at metricspace.net
Mon Mar 21 18:02:11 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I have a new laptop with broadwell graphics (HD 5500).

I'm currently seeing a blank screen on resume, which I'm told is due to the fact that the drm framework needs to turn the screen back on during resume.  Of course, broadwell is unsupported at this time.

I'm wondering, is there any option for getting resume working in the interim?

I'm using the vt console with efifb, in efi boot,if that helps.