graphics/s2tc vs graphics/libtxc_dxtn

David Naylor dbn at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 20 21:39:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

While addressing a user reported issue with i386-wine-staging I created a port
based on the GitHub repo https://github.com/divVerent/s2tc to provide the
libtxc_dxtn library.

I now realise that I erroneously committed a port that duplicates
graphics/libtxc_dxtn.  Given that these ports are not identical I suggest we
merge the ports and drop one of them.

To describe the major differences:

graphics/s2tc:
 + Based on a newer version of upstream (at 20151228)
 + Provides the s2tc tools (including man pages)
 + Has working (and passing) unit tests
graphics/libtxc_dxtn:
 - Does not provide the s2tc tools (explicitly intended)

I am in favour of keeping s2tc if we include the tools, otherwise think we
should drop that port.

Regards,

David