i915 update to Linux 3.8 ready!

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Tue Mar 15 15:40:34 UTC 2016

On 14 March 2016 at 12:48,  <am_dxer at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On an HP EliteBook 2560p with the Sandy Bridge Core i7-2620M processor,
> I have about a 5 watt power increase when loading the KMS driver from
> head as opposed to when using vesa.

Are you able to suspend and resume the EliteBook? In my case the power
usage drops after a suspend-resume cycle and it would be interesting
to see if your laptop behaves the same way.

There should be some rc6 stats we can obtain from the driver (in order
to see how much time the hw is spending in each state) but I'm not
sure how off hand. I'll follow up if I find out how to get them.