How to have accelerated graphics with Intel Celeron J1800 (Bay Trail) ?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Jul 18 21:43:00 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 12:23:59PM +0000 I heard the voice of
Natasha Kerensikova, and lo! it spake thus:

> As far as I can tell, this chip belongs to the microarchitecture
> codenamed "Bay Trail", which sits between "Ivy Bridge" and
> "Haswell".  That's circa 2013.

Not really related to support one way or another, but while that may
be true chronologically, it's not really architecturally.  Bay Trail
is an Atom; that's a parallel line to the Core series that Ivy Bridge
and Haswell (and the other -Bridge's and -well's) belong to.  So,
chronological positioning may give a hint as to what's supported, but
it would only be a _hint_, since they're off on their own branch of
the family tree.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net