X server froze (97e3fc1)

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Fri Feb 26 09:35:26 UTC 2016

On 26/02/2016 06:09, Masachika ISHIZUKA wrote:
>   Hello, Jean.

Hi!

>   Although it is very rare (but 3 times within 10 minutes when
> switching fullscreen mode and window mode quickly of mplayer),
> X server on 97e3fc1 was froren and I cannot terminate X server.
> I can still login from another machine but 'kill -9 (PID of X)'
> is not terminate X. 'ps ax' shows the CPU time of X is increasing.

Koop Mast and I also get the same deadlock.

If you run the following command as root, you should see the two
processes deadlocked:
  procstat -kk -a | grep drm

Here is what I get:
https://gist.github.com/dumbbell/100324b214bbfb39201f

I had no way to reproduce it quickly. I will try your method with
mplayer, thank you!

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron