Intel Bay Trail support? (Gen 7 graphics, Celeron J1900 CPU)

Jan Mikkelsen janm at transactionware.com
Tue Feb 23 02:49:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

I see from the graphics status page that of the Gen 7 Intel graphics chips, Ivy Bridge is supported by Haswell is not.

Wikipedia* has the Silvermont / ValleyView / Bay Trail as the third micro architecture with Gen 7 support, as distinct from Haswell and Ivy Bridge. Then this page claims that Bay Trail is an Ivy Bridge variant:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-Bay-Trail.103037.0.html

Is Bay Trail graphics a Ivy Bridge variant, or does it require special support? Should I expect this to work with 10.2, with the updated i915 driver, or with none of those?

Thanks

Jan Mikkelsen,

*)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_graphics_processing_units