Fwd: Completely unusable psm(4) with synaptics support

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 15:03:07 UTC 2016

Hello all,

(Forwarding the mail from freebsd-questions, unforunately no many
answers, please CC me!)

Several years ago (with FreeBSD 8) I got my touchpad working on my HP
Probook 4510s. I've reinstalled FreeBSD-CURRENT on it to test bhyve
and all KMS stuff.

I read on the wiki that we should use the psm(4) synaptics driver
instead of X.Org one, so I've only installed xorg + mouse/keyboard
drivers.

When running X, I can do almost nothing with my touchpad. I can move
the pointer but I can not click, I can not tap, I can not do two
finger scrolling or edge scrolling. Middle click does not work either.
To summary: I can just move it.

I don't know what to do / config more. Here's my sysctl
hw.psm.synaptics list of values (all defaults)

$ sysctl hw.psm.synaptics
hw.psm.synaptics.touchpad_off: 0
hw.psm.synaptics.vscroll_div_max: 150
hw.psm.synaptics.vscroll_div_min: 100
hw.psm.synaptics.vscroll_min_delta: 50
hw.psm.synaptics.vscroll_ver_area: -600
hw.psm.synaptics.vscroll_hor_area: 0
hw.psm.synaptics.taphold_timeout: 125000
hw.psm.synaptics.tap_min_queue: 2
hw.psm.synaptics.tap_max_delta: 80
hw.psm.synaptics.div_len: 100
hw.psm.synaptics.div_max_na: 30
hw.psm.synaptics.div_max: 17
hw.psm.synaptics.div_min: 9
hw.psm.synaptics.weight_len_squared: 2000
hw.psm.synaptics.weight_previous_na: 20
hw.psm.synaptics.weight_previous: 6
hw.psm.synaptics.weight_current: 3
hw.psm.synaptics.multiplicator: 10000
hw.psm.synaptics.window_max: 10
hw.psm.synaptics.window_min: 4
hw.psm.synaptics.na_left: 1600
hw.psm.synaptics.na_bottom: 1408
hw.psm.synaptics.na_right: 563
hw.psm.synaptics.na_top: 1783
hw.psm.synaptics.margin_left: 200
hw.psm.synaptics.margin_bottom: 200
hw.psm.synaptics.margin_right: 200
hw.psm.synaptics.margin_top: 200
hw.psm.synaptics.max_width: 10
hw.psm.synaptics.max_pressure: 220
hw.psm.synaptics.min_pressure: 16
hw.psm.synaptics.two_finger_scroll: 1
hw.psm.synaptics.max_y: 6143
hw.psm.synaptics.max_x: 6143
hw.psm.synaptics.directional_scrolls: 0

Xorg is configured to use devd auto configurations, I have no xorg.conf files.

Any comment is appreciated,

Regards

--
David