Wayland update

Mark Dixon mark at tranquillussoftware.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 13:35:05 UTC 2016

This is awesome, it's great to see some progress on the Wayland front.

I've tried out sway on my Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Ivy Bridge) and got it up and
running. Here were my experiences:

* I ended up having to run:

XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/tmp XKB_DEFAULT_LAYOUT=gb XKB_DEFAULT_RULES=evdev sway

Just running sway gave errors (evdev there is a guess)

* Switching vt (Ctrl-Alt-1 etc). is bad. Quite often results in unable to
restore errors.

* Touchpad doesn't work - keyboard does though, and I'm able to run things
through weston-terminal

Hope this is useful feedback, happy to continue testing and helping out
where I can.

Mark