drm-4.7-final tagged - CFT for drm-next was Re: drm-4.7-rc1 tagged

Felix Hanley felix at userspace.com.au
Sun Aug 14 23:40:12 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 03:54:05PM -0700, Matthew Macy wrote:

>  ---- On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 05:43:42 -0700 Felix Hanley <felix at userspace.com.au> wrote ----
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I have been running on drm-next-4.6 for a while and have been getting
>  > panics when using Chromium about once or twice a day (sorry, too busy to
>  > debug). I then updated to 762b75d which made X load to black screen and
>  > forced me to reboot. 3a8ce37 fixed that and has been great, no issues
>  > with Chromium (so far).
>  >
>  > I then tried drm-next and have seen the same issues, X loading to black
>  > screen and forcing me to reboot, though does not mean it is related.
>  >
>  > I apologize for the vague debugging but have just not had the time. I
>  > will see what I can do this week.
>  >
>  > For what its worth this is on a Broadwell 5500 system:
>  >
>  > vgapci0 at pci0:0:2:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x802d103c chip=0x16168086 rev=0x09 hdr=0x00
>  >     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
>  >     device     = 'HD Graphics 5500'
>  >     class      = display
>  >     subclass   = VGA
>

> It would help if you'd take the steps suggested on the project's github wiki to get a core. Thanks.

I am not actually getting a panic, no core is dumped, just blank screen
and unresponsive system, no virtual console switching either.

I will have to stick to the current drm-next-4.6 branch for a while due
to work commitments but will try drm-next and tags again later.

Thanks for your continuing work.

-felix