Question about DRM-next and 32 bit support

Matthew Macy mmacy at nextbsd.org
Sun Aug 14 02:49:28 UTC 2016

 ---- On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 08:31:30 -0700 <am_dxer at fastmail.fm> wrote ----
 > Hello,
 > I remember that when this was first announced, it was said that no
 > 32-bit support was included in this driver. Is this code still
 > exclusively for 64 bit? Thanks.

Yes. That is correct. Intel has not shipped a processor that doesn't support 64-bit for more than 10 years. It would not be a lot of work to enable i386  and I would certainly welcome patches. However, my own time is in quite short supply and I see no reason to use what little time I have supporting a long dead platform.

-M