clarifying the state of drm-next-3.9 and next steps

Arto Pekkanen isoa at kapsi.fi
Thu Apr 14 20:30:24 UTC 2016

Can't promise anything for certain. I don't have a Radeon chip or a
spare rig right now, but I might get one later. If not, I might be able
to fix a cheap, older laptop with a Radeon GPU.

I've no experience systems level programming or anything like that. I
was thinking more about *coin mining or SETI at Home, you know, the kinda
entry level, brick layer stuff wannabe hackers run on their petty home
servers. I could try enabling AMD GPGPU option in some *coin miner in
the ports tree, or if there is no such miner app available try to port
one for FreeBSD, provided that the required libraries are made available
at the time.