Sysmouse, X11, and right-clicks

Eric McCorkle eric at metricspace.net
Fri Oct 23 11:23:11 UTC 2015

I'm using moused with a synaptics touchpad, and X11 is set up to use
/dev/sysmouse as the mouse device.  One of the annoying things about
this setup is that I have to do a two-finger click to do a right-click.

I was wondering, is there any way to have the driver (either the
in-kernel driver or sysmouse itself) recognize clicks in a certain area
(say, the bottom right corner) as a right click instead?

I've looked at the list of sysctls and command-line options to moused,
and nothing jumps out at me.  However, I may have missed something.