Testing the new i915 driver

Arto Pekkanen isoa at kapsi.fi
Mon Oct 19 01:11:15 UTC 2015

I did 'lspci -lbcev' and found an unattached device that had the word UART in the specs. The io-range of the device started at 0x50b0.

So I put in my /boot/loader.conf
console="comconsole"
comconsole_port="0x50b0"
hw.uart.console="io:0x50b0,br:115200"

just like you instructed and, yeah, I got SOL working! Really cool. Now I can capture console output with amtterm even if system won't even boot.

Thank you a lot for the instructions! :)