Testing the new i915 driver (HD Graphics 4400)

Michael Gmelin grembo at freebsd.org
Sun Oct 11 23:45:40 UTC 2015

With the latest version (commit 9106a02b) X seems to run reliably now. I can also play YouTube videos ok, even though it doesn't seem faster/smoother than in VESA mode. Power consumption is fine. Changing video modes using xrandr works.

HDMI connections are not detected (unlike in VESA mode, where it mirrors the main screen). Any specific debug output I can provide for this?

Thanks
Michael