Testing the new i915 driver (HD Graphics 4400)

Juan Ramón Molina Menor listjm at club.fr
Fri Oct 9 18:51:29 UTC 2015

 >>> Same here (chip=0x0a068086).
 >>
 >> Hi!
 >>
 >> Both of you, could you please try again? I added a bunch of PCI IDs.
 >>
 >> --
 >> Jean-Sébastien Pédron
 >
 >Hi!
 >
 > With the updated code, kldload i915kms works after some hesitation and
 > screen artefacts (images not sent to the list), then X starts and I can
 > switch to the console forth and back but as soon as I open a xterm
 > window the computer crashes and reboots. I’m embarrassed, since I’m
 > testing this with a USB key lacking space to store the crash. I don’t
 > know how to send it to another disk, I’ll research

 > dmesg.log attached.

I have found a way to extract the core, I uploaded it here:
http://mariannecatroux.com/tmp/vmcore.0.gz

The panic message is:
savecore: reboot after panic: Lock drmslk not exclusively locked @
/root/freebsd-base-graphics/sys/modules/drm2/i915kms/../../../dev/drm2/i915/i915_gem.c:1029

Hope it helps,
Juan