problem with discrete video card

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Mon Nov 30 22:43:35 UTC 2015

On 26/11/2015 10:40, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> I've been given a Radeon 6850 based video card that supposedly used to work.
> But for me it works only in the text mode.  Any attempt to use it with radeonkms
> driver results in a reboot (no panic or trap).  I've done a little bit of
> investigation and I see that the crash happens in radeonfb_create() when the
> following code is executed:

Hi Andriy!

Could you please try again with drm.debug=7 in your /boot/loader.conf?

Do you have any local patches beside the moved line? Because here, I get
this:

info: [drm] fb mappable at 0xD0142000
info: [drm] vram apper at 0xD0000000
info: [drm] size 8294400
info: [drm] fb depth is 24
info: [drm]    pitch is 7680

Note the "vram apper at" message. The label in your dmesg is shorter but
the address is longer.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron