Haswel / i915 experimental test result

Arto Pekkanen isoa at kapsi.fi
Mon Nov 23 22:20:44 UTC 2015

One more thing ...

IF your system uses GRUB as boot manager and IF you can provide me a copy of the GRUB config file, then I could probably try to figure out the system bootup procedure from it. Just by looking at the GRUB configuration you can see if GRUB directly loads the kernel or if it chainloads specific block or blocks in a partition. This information would help me to figure out what component of the bootstrap procedure makes the decision to load which kernel image file.