FYI xorg-server 1.18 and Nvidia support

JEREMY COX jeremy.m.cox at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 00:13:10 UTC 2015

I was looking at the graphics wiki for freebsd and saw an entry concerning
xorg-server 1.18. It says that Nvidia drivers don't support xorg server
1.18.

Nvidia has just released driver versions 352.63, 340.96 and 358.16 for
FreeBSD which included ABI 20 support for xorg-server 1.18. I built xorg
server 1.18 and the Nvidia driver version 352.63. Both seem to be running
with no problems so far. I'm using xorg-server with the most recent build
of KDE4 from ports. I am able to run flash through pipelight with
firefox-esr with no issues at all.

Thanks guys for all your hard work,

regards
Jeremy Cox