10.x -> 11 changes in compositing behavior

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Mar 31 14:28:57 UTC 2015

On 03/30/2015 15:59, Ken Moore wrote:
> On 03/30/2015 15:45, Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
>> On 27.03.2015 18:57, Ken Moore wrote:
>>> Greetings!
>> Hi!
>>
>>> --------  Relevant Information ------
>>> First off, the versions of xorg that I am comparing are identical
>>> between the two systems:
>>> xorg 7.7_1
>>> xorg-apps 7.7_2
>>> xorg-docs 1.7,1
>>> xorg-drivers 7.7_2
>>> xorg_server 1.14.7_2,1
>> What about the Mesa ports?
>>      o  libglapi
>>      o  libGL
>>      o  libEGL
>>      o  libglesv2
>>      o  dri
>>
>> And the X.Org drivers (xf86-*)?
>>

> Main system (10.1)
>  - libglapi: 9.1.7_2
>  - libGL: 9.1.7_4
>  - libEGL: (pkg not installed)
>  - libglesv2: (pkg not installed)
>  - dri: 9.1.7_6,2
>  - xorg-drivers: 7.7_2 (same)
>
> VM (11-Current)
>  - libglapi: 10.4.4_2
>  - libGL: 10.4.4_3
>  - libEGL: (pkg not installed)
>  - libglesv2: (pkg not installed)
>  - dri: 10.4.4_6,2
>
> The xf86-* packages are identical between systems.

Not sure if this is related, but XFCE on FreeBSD 11 also shows tray
icons as invisible if the tray app is Qt5 based. On Lumina it was all
tray apps, so not sure if it has the same cause or if XFCE is using
alternate image-retrieval methods for the different toolkits.

--
~~ Ken Moore ~~
PC-BSD/iXsystems