Wayland shm?

John D. Hendrickson johnandsara2 at cox.net
Mon Mar 30 23:47:13 UTC 2015

Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've seen on the graphics page that wayland port is done.

 > I know that there are parts missing regarding hardware support for
newer cards

Xorg deleted support for many video cards and support for older X11 apps
(Xcb is NOT compatible: it's cache scheme that is supposed to be "the
reason" admits its cache is broken).  they deleted Xlib but stole most
code doing that.  also: the move to make GL broken and side with CL ?
continual hacks also break Xt, Xm, (i have yet to see if installing
multiple versions helps - but is there an old Xt version 1.foo for new
Xorg?  likely no)

But now Xorg is moving to wayland (they havent said so but i smell it).
  Debain to "Unity" (another X rewrite).  and Apple - they will continue
to use Japan G7 and do similar changes: all adds up to.  all USA code
deleted (copy lefted though) and no hardware except ones "key holders"
approved.  debian says X is insecure because any X app can talk to X:
but their "fix" is so that only ubantu "maintainer" software can do
"certain things" (likely, change IP and etc), no one else !  that's the
worst kind of security and also doesn't fix anything.

a few improvements yes Xorg. but what is the price and agenda ?  and who
in the world is funding it ?

= all software that's working up in flames , by plan

= every year a hardware pc/cell requires it's own hardware
   and breaks all software but the vendors - who happen to
   come out unscathed

someone out there (not johannes) knows exactly what i'm talking about

= only news wares out there are designed failures and obstructions
   they give you a few new wigets - they take away all your $$$ and
   human rights