dejavu fonts question

Jeffrey Bouquet jbtakk at iherebuywisely.com
Mon Mar 30 11:37:44 UTC 2015

xorg-fonts-truetype needs x11-fonts/dejavu.   This latter port breaks all the menus on Opera, here.
As well as wikipedia pages...  which then need to be viewed with Seamonkey.

[pkg delete -f dejavu, if I had known earlier, would have saved me over twenty-odd hours of debugging ]...
As it is, I've restored Opera functionality but cannot install vimb, chromium, etc because of the
dependency.

Workaround or removal of the dejavu port from the xorg-fonts-truetype one?