Advice in hunting down an X11 drawing issue

Jeffrey Baitis jeff at baitis.net
Wed Jul 22 03:30:05 UTC 2015

Dear Jean-Sébastien:

I actually did find a solution to the problem. I upgraded my old
nVidia GT520 to a newer GT730, and am using a newer commercial
hVidia driver. I now have much improved system performance, and
my xorg.log no longer indicates that XOrg is waiting for locks
to be freed.

I guess this pins it to either a hardware or driver issue (likely
both)...

Thank you for pointing me to x11perf, that will be helpful in the
future!

Regards,
-Jeff