Slow frame rate in X while running 10.2-BETA1 r285410M

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 20 20:53:10 UTC 2015

On 13.07.2015 02:46, Leonard Rucker wrote:
> Hey Everyone.

Hi!

> I have a HTPC running kodi 14.2 that tracks the 10 stable branch.  This
> weekend I updated from 10.1-STABLE r284325M to r285410M then I noticed that
> the frame decreased considerably.  Pre-update speeds were around 30 fps and
> now I am seeing 10-12 fps with kodi in full screen mode.  I also ran some
> videos in fullscreen mode from youtube in firefox and noticed the same
> choppiness there as well.

After looking at your dmesg, I believe you load the Radeon kernel driver
from loader.conf. Was it the case with r284325M as well? Sometimes, it
appears that loading the driver from loader.conf leads to reduced
performance.

The only change which was made to the DRM subsystem between the two
commits you mentionned is r285002. Can you try to build this commit,
then its parent, to see if it is the culprit and isolate the problem?

Thank you!

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron