Advice in hunting down an X11 drawing issue

Jeffrey Baitis jeff at baitis.net
Sat Jul 4 22:44:22 UTC 2015

Hi everyone. I have been trying to discover why my X server occasionally
bogs my computer down, and I have finally produced a test case that
seems to reproduce the issue consistently using xfreerdp.

I've posted a screen capture illustrating the issue here:
https://youtu.be/sFjHi20Hl60

I welcome advice that would help me hunt down / determine what specific
routines are causing the issue. Should I start hacking on the xfreerdp
source? More generally, would hunting this down be helpful to the community?

Note that other selection boxes displayed in other programs (e.g. gimp)
do not precipitate this behavior.

I'm running the nvidia-304 binary driver

Thanks,
-Jeff

Jeffrey Baitis -  jeff at baitis.net <mailto:jeff at baitis.net>  -  626.921.6054