[Call for testers] DRM device-independent code update to Linux 3.8

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 18 21:47:02 UTC 2015

On 18 February 2015 at 16:41, Jean-Sébastien Pédron
<jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr> wrote:
> On 18.02.2015 22:29, Ed Maste wrote:
>> On 18 February 2015 at 16:10, Jean-Sébastien Pédron
>> <dumbbell at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I understand it works with vanilla HEAD?
>>
>> Yes, it works with r278742
>
> What does it do? Just nothing and X continues to run? Does something crash?

On r278742 it switches properly :-)

With the patch it behaves as before vt(4) was integrated: i.e., it is
possible to log in blind on the switched-to vty and run commands, but
the previous X display remains frozen on the screen. Ctrl-Alt-F9
successfully switches back to X.