[Call for testers] DRM device-independent code update to Linux 3.8

Ranjan1018 . 214748mv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:16:05 UTC 2015

> Hi!
>
> An update to the DRM subsystem, not including the drivers, is ready for
> wider testing!
>
> The patch against HEAD is here:
> https://people.freebsd.org/~dumbbell/graphics/drm-update-38.f.patch
>
> I'm interested in success/failure reports for amd64, powerpc and
> powerpc64 users, for i915 and Radeon GPUs. I already know there is a
> build issue on i386, please wait for the next patch if you are in this
> case.
>
> The changes brought by this patch are explained in a blog post:
> http://blogs.freebsdish.org/graphics/2015/02/18/testing-the-drm-update/
>
> This is working well for some Radeon users for more than a year.
> However, it only started to work with i915 a month ago, when the i915
> refresh was committed.
>
> Try your day-to-day applications, try suspend/resume, try all output
> connectors, try OpenGL stuff, try backlight controls, everything :)
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Jean-Sébastien Pédron
>
> Just upgraded my laptop to r278960.
Testing the patch I receive these errors:
# patch -sC < ~/downloads/drm-update-38.f.patch
1 out of 3 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_agpsupport.c
1 out of 4 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_auth.c
1 out of 26 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_bufs.c
1 out of 17 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_context.c
1 out of 39 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_crtc.h
1 out of 5 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_dma.c
1 out of 1 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_drawable.c
1 out of 8 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_drv.c
1 out of 5 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_edid.h
1 out of 17 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_edid_modes.h
1 out of 7 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_fb_helper.h
1 out of 9 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_fops.c
1 out of 3 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_fourcc.h
1 out of 1 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_internal.h
1 out of 4 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_ioctl.c
1 out of 50 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_irq.c
1 out of 3 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_lock.c
1 out of 2 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_memory.c
1 out of 10 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_mm.h
1 out of 11 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_mode.h
1 out of 1 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_sman.c
1 out of 1 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_sman.h
1 out of 4 hunks failed while patching sys/modules/drm2/radeonkms/Makefile

Regards
Maurizio