Control backlight when using VESA driver with Intel graphics

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sat Feb 7 21:44:24 UTC 2015

El día Saturday, February 07, 2015 a las 10:27:02PM +0100, Michael Gmelin escribió:

> This is what I'm using on Haswell ULT (xf86-video-vesa):
>
> pkg install git libdrm libpciaccess
> git clone https://github.com/grembo/intel_backlight_fbsd
> cd intel_backlight_fbsd
> make install
>
> You can then control brightness using:
> intel_backlight <percent>
> intel_backlight incr
> intel_backlight decr

Yes, and thanks for this. In addition, install

# pkg install xbindkeys

and add/create in ~/.xbindkeysrc

"intel_backlight decr"
        Alt + F6
"intel_backlight incr"
        Alt + F7

Than you can just use Alt_l +F6/F7 for this, for example, as they are labeled
with the symbols of up/down brightness in the Acer C720.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
La referencia de la Duma a la anexión de la RDA, en este caso al contrario con la Crimlía sin