Xorg Crash.

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Wed Sep 17 23:47:20 UTC 2014

>    Hello, I was wondering someone might lend a hand, I have recently been
> having X crash when starting some programs, (so far Firefox, Thunderbird,
> openoffice, to name a few) my installation of Xorg is up to date did a
> portsnap/portupgrade yesterday, I'm running FBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p7 I'd be
> happy to forward along any additional info/output as needed, thanks for
> any info you could provide..

There's a a memory leak in 9.2-RELEASE too. in X, & in firefox I
think.  Way I avoid problems is to close firefox when not in use,
& close X when occasionaly I can afford to clear all xterms ( usually
I forget & it crashes, then i rememer to occasionaly run top for a
while).  Gkrellm leaks too. So no good observing resources long
term with that. Top is light on memory.

Cheers,
Julian
--