Problems installing kde4

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 03:48:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 7:12 PM, Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 21:36:12 -0400
> polinsky <alan.polinsky at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> oh, it seems that our ancestors have been neighbours.
>
> > I have installed FreeBSD 10 on one computer in my house for
> > experimentation, and decided to try to install kde4. When I was up to
> > kde_workspace, I ran into a problem during the compilation of libEGL,
> > I believe. It said I needed libdrm>=2.4.24, but none seems to be
>
> It is in the ports tree. It should be in /usr/local/lib.
>
> > available. To the best of my knowledge I have the latest ports
>
> Did you install KDE from the ports?
>
> > available on my computer. Perhaps I mis-answered the configuration
> > with one of the earlier requirements. I am including the log of the
>
> This can always happen. Just remove the configuration and start again
> with make.
>
> > error log; I initially had a list of all packages on my system but
> > the submission was rejected as too large. It can be sent to anyone on
>
> Problems like this are most likely caused by some simple things. The
> logs are only needed when it becomes more complicated.
>
> > request. Perhaps you can help.   I should mention that I am not too
> > familiar with FreeBSD, but I did retire a few months ago as a
>
> Good hint.
>
> > programmer. This would be my first BSD machine with the rest in the
>
> We all started at some point.
>
> > house various distributions of Linux: Slackware, Centos, and Debian.
> > I would like this FreeBSD 10 machine to replace my Slackware 14.1
>
> Good idea.
>
> Erich

The version of libdrm required that by KDE4 is only available in NEW_XORG.
Define WITH_NEW_XORG=yes in /etc/make.conf nd build Xorg. Actually, only a
handful of ports need to be rebuilt:
/usr/ports/graphics/dri/Makefile
/usr/ports/graphics/libEGL/Makefile
/usr/ports/graphics/libGL/Makefile
/usr/ports/graphics/libdrm/Makefile
/usr/ports/graphics/libglapi/Makefile
/usr/ports/graphics/libglesv2/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-egalax/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-elographics/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-fpit/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-hyperpen/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-joystick/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-mutouch/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-penmount/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-synaptics/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-vmmouse/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-input-void/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-rdc/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-servers/xephyr/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-nestserver/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/py-kivy/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11/kde4-workspace/Makefile
/usr/ports/x11/xorg-minimal/Makefile

Of course, you will not be using all of these.