CFT: Update to xf86-video-ati 7.5.0

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Fri Oct 31 20:36:32 UTC 2014

Jean-Sébastien Pédron:

> > What do you mean?  Upgrading from xf86-video-ati 7.2.0 to 7.5.0 was
> > a one-time event.
>
> Yes, but I was wondering if your problem was still there from time to
> time (ie. not related to the update).

I don't know, I haven't restarted the X server since.

I guess I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.  It's
not important, possibly a fluke, and has just caused confusion.

Maybe it wasn't clear in the Xorg.0.log snippet I sent, but from
comparing log files, the actual error was this:

[351790.259] drmOpenByBusid: Interface 1.4 failed, trying 1.1
[351790.259] (EE) RADEON(0): [drm] failed to set drm interface version.
[351790.259] (EE) RADEON(0): Kernel modesetting setup failed

To me this means nothing, but I thought it might be something obvious
for the people working on X11.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de