CFT: Update to xf86-video-ati 7.5.0

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 31 09:08:15 UTC 2014

On 30.10.2014 23:21, Miguel Clara wrote:
>> What I don't understand is how could this could work before. Are you
>> sure you had xf86-video-ati 7.2.0 installed?
>
> However I don't understand why you say "it worked before" cause what I've
> reported before and now is that It didn't work (with ATI)
>
> I still have the old xorg log, from back when I reported this in the list,
> if I'm not mistaken this is the one:
> http://filebin.net/zs1iia21yv/Xorg.radeonkmserror.log
>
> So It was not working with ATI even before 7.2,a and with 7.2 I also can't
> get xorg to start, although I was getting a black screen at some point, but
> the log states Xorg crashed!
>
> maybe in this new report I've somehow gave the impression that It worked,
> but I only works with the Intel card!

That's my fault, I understood that it was working, then you upgraded to
7.5.0 and X broke. But no, as you say, your older log shows that the
same problem existed before the upgrade. Sorry :)

Could you please download the following file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports-graphics/xserver-1.14/x11-servers/xorg-server/files/patch-hw_xfree86_modes_xf86Crtc.c

Put it here:
/usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server/files/patch-hw_xfree86_modes_xf86Crtc.c

And rebuild xorg-server 1.12 with WITH_DEBUG=1 and test again (with
xf86-video-ati 7.5.0 installed)?

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron