How to configure a desired screen resolution

Arto Pekkanen isoa at kapsi.fi
Fri Oct 17 13:22:34 UTC 2014

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics

If this list is up-to-date, then you can only use VESA for the time being. Radeon 8xxx series not yet supported by any driver. I don't know why Kevin thinks 8xxx series would be supported. But it does not matter because you can just test if KMS works. Just install 10.1-RC version of FreeBSD, install X.org as instructed in the handbook. If it doesn't work, then use VESA. That's all there is to it really.

PS. Legacy X.org is no longer in official package repository, thus I recommend everybody to update into 10.1-RC asap ... less problems that way.