Painfully slow X11 after upgrade

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Nov 20 11:46:46 UTC 2014

On 20.11.2014 05:33, Erich Dollansky wrote:
>>> did you check if this is supported?
>> Well, it /was/ supported before... I didn't change the xorg.conf
> was means that it is supported by the old X.
Erich, in general, I'm not aware of X11 dropping support for older video
cards. NVidia does that, but not the free software developers, as far as
I know.

And even if I am mistaken in the general case, in particular, yes -- as
I said -- the "ATI ES1000 515E" is listed in the Xorg.0.log
<http://aldan.algebra.com/%7Emi/Xorg.0.log>, to which I linked in my
original e-mail. Line 170. You could've found it there yourself...

> I wanted to say VESA.
I suppose, it might work... But I'd like to regain the full
functionality I had before upgrading... In fact, I was hoping for some
/improvement/ even.

    -mi