FreeBSD-10.1-RELEASE and new xorg on HD-7660D

Graham Bradley gbradley at rocketmail.com
Mon Nov 17 21:59:22 UTC 2014

This week I updated from 10.0-RELEASE using vesa driver direct to 10.1-RELEASE,then pkg upgrade WITH_NEW_XORG and GALLIUM; and then Xorg -configure pointed me at the radeon driver.(the firmware picked up with radeonkms is ARUBA by the way.)
I use a program called stellarium (the night sky in planetarium type projections.)
When I ran 10.0 with the old xorg packages, and vesa driver, the sky was drawn correctly at about 2 fps; Now run X in 10.1 with the vesa driver (but all the updated release software packages), the sky is drawn correctly (at 15 fps);
If I run it in 10.1 with radeon driver, the stars and planets in the sky are all dark, though lines and legends drawn ok.
i.e. identical software, except the driver.  Different graphics!
I'm guessing, that it's in the 'shaders', but I sure hope it's something that will be scooped up soon.
regardsGraham