New Xorg breaks mach64 video driver

Michael Squires michael.leslie.squires at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 03:48:31 UTC 2014

After upgrading to 10.1-PRERELEASE and installing "xorg" using "pkg
install" Xorg fails to start with an undefined symbol "xf86FreeInt10" in
machine_drv.so which points to the mach64 X11 driver.

Hardware is a Tyan S4882 with onboard ATI Mach64 video.  The board has no
AGP or PCI-E slots (PCI-X) so adding a different card isn't possible.

I'm compiling Xorg from ports with the "WITHOUT_NEW_XORG=YES" entry which
is supposed to fix this.

This is a temporary problem; I'll be upgrading to a Tyan S4881 which has a
PCI-E video card slot and no onboard video.

The driver was last updated, apparently, in 2009 so I'm not really
expecting a fix, but thought this should be noted.

Mike Squires
michael.leslie.squires at gmail.com
"oldsiralan" on FreshPorts
UN*X at home since 1986