[HEADS UP] WITH_NEW_XORG is now the default on FreeBSD 10 and 9 stable

Fbsd8 fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com
Mon May 12 16:18:44 UTC 2014

>> Author: zeising
>> Date: Wed Apr 16 18:28:47 2014
>> New Revision: 351411
>> QAT: https://qat.redports.org/buildarchive/r351411/
>>
>> Log:
>>   The FreeBSD x11@ and graphics team proudly presents
>>
>>   NEW XORG ON FREEBSD 9-STABLE AND 10-STABLE
>>
>>   This update switches over to use the new xorg stack by default on FreeBSD 9
>>   and 10 stable, on os versions where vt(9) is available.
>>   It is still possible to use the old stack by specifying WITHOUT_NEW_XORG in
>>   /etc/make.conf .
>>   FreeBSD 8-STABLE and released versions of FreeBSD still use
>>   the old version.
>>   A package repository with binary packages for new xorg will
>>   be available soon.
>>
>>   This patch also contains updates of libxcb and related ports, pixman, as well
>>   as some drivers and utilities.
>>
>>   Bump portrevisions for xf86-* ports, as well as virtualbox-ose-additions due
>>   to xserver version change.
>>
>>   Apart from these updates, the way shared libraries are handled has been
>>   changed for all xorg ports, as well as libxml2 and freetype, which means
>>   ltverhack is gone and as a consequence shared libraries have been bumped.
>>   The plan is that this change will make library bumps less likely in the
>>   future.
>>   All affected ports have had their portrevisions bumped as a consequence of
>>   this.
>>
>>   Fix some issues where WITH_NEW_XORG weren't detected properly on CURRENT.
>>
>>   Update instructions, hardware support, and more notes can be found on
>>   https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics

My host is running 10.0-RELEASE-p2 with jails. I would like to test new
xorg with vt(9) in a jail. The above new release states that the new
xorg will soon have a pkgng version.

Is that available yet?
If it is what is the pkgng package name to use?
Is vt available in 10.0-RELEASE?
If not is there a port or package for it?
Note; I am not member of this list so be sure to reply all.