ATI Radeon 4330 with KMS: bad experience

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Tue May 6 10:08:39 UTC 2014

On 06.05.2014 11:23, Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:
> so there IS a way to use UMS radeon with newer xorg-server?

The last X.Org driver supporting UMS will probably work, but consider
this a dead-end: starting with HD 5000, newer hardware requires KMS.

We don't support this officially in the ports tree, because it would be
a hell to maintain and test all combinations. We prefer to improve our
KMS stability, as it's already the only way forward.

> What are requirements for xorg-server-1.12+ati-6.14.6 working? old
> dri and old libGL?

I don't know. I would try the newer Mesa first (9.1.7).

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron