AMD Radeon (ARUBA): partial success

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Mon Mar 31 20:29:44 UTC 2014

I wrote:

> The only thing that doesn't work is switching back to a text console.
> The screen "freezes" then, still displaying the current graphics
> image, until I switch back to the virtual terminal the X server is
> running.  It continues normally from there.

Just for the record:

Upgraded to 10-stable.  Using the "VT" kernel config (new VT console
driver), switching to the text consoles (well, actually graphics now,
I guess) works.  They are dog slow (compared to syscons), but at least
offer an option for a login bypassing X11.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/