X doesn'r work after system update

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 27 14:26:04 UTC 2014

On 27.03.2014 14:41, Robert Huff wrote:
>     Actually, I think I found what's going on here.  Double-check this,
>     please?
>     1) I've installed the new Xorg.
>     2) New Xorg requires KMS.
>     3) KMS requires newcons.
>     4) Current kernel uses syscons.

KMS doesn't require vt(9): it will work happily with syscons. The
downside of using syscons is the inability to do VT switch (ie. using
Ctrl+Alt+Fx to switch to a text console, or getting a console back when
exiting from X).

Check your kernel config and remove any builtin "drm" or "radeon"
modules (and any kernel video drivers). The appropriate module will be
loaded automatically by X.Org.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron