AMD Radeon (ARUBA): partial success

Joerg Wunsch joerg at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 20 14:07:19 UTC 2014

First, thanks for the good wiki page about AMD Graphics setup.  I
basically got it working with a NEW_XORG / GALLIUM build on my brand
new AMD-based system.

The only thing that doesn't work is switching back to a text console.
The screen "freezes" then, still displaying the current graphics
image, until I switch back to the virtual terminal the X server is
running.  It continues normally from there.

It's not a show-stopper, but a fallback to text terminals would
certainly be nice to have.

The machine didn't go productive yet, so I'm still free to tinker a
little with it, if anyone has some ideas to test.  Upgrading to
10-stable is certainly an option.  I can temporarily even try current
on it (e.g. to test the new console driver), though in the long run,
I'd like to stick with 10-stable.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/