Importing code from Linux

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at alumni.cwru.edu
Fri Mar 14 20:00:49 UTC 2014

(I hope I'm not coming off hostile with this, it's not my intent).

Looking at https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics I see there's a WIP for
importing DRM from Linux 3.8.  When you do it, can you please keep in
the non-x86 support?  It's already behind #ifdef's, so won't be used
in x86 code anyways.  Big endian/non-x86 support was pulled out when
merging in the Radeon KMS driver, which only makes enabling PowerPC
support that much more onerous.  Looking at the Linux code, leaving
that in place does not add much complexity at all.

I understand that you may not want to, or be able to, test non-x86,
but that's worked around within the makefile already, ripping the code
out becomes unnecessary then.

I'll finish by thanking everyone involved in the work that's going
into keeping the Xorg stack current.

Thanks,
Justin