xorg modesetting

Gilles DALMAS gdalmas at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 3 17:12:03 UTC 2014

hi,

I recently installed freebsd on a VR610 msi x86_64. I also installed gnome 2 and xorg, except that reboot I end up with a black screen. I tried generated xorg.conf.new wherein the radeon module is loaded. in the same laptop, I ubuntu and windows 7 triple boot. I therefore generated xorg.conf.new on ubuntu for me as a model. thereon modesetting module is loaded instead of radeon and other device options. So I searched how to install this module on freebsd, but it is apparently non-existent.