Newcons and the proprietary Nvidia driver

Andre Albsmeier Andre.Albsmeier at Siemens.com
Fri Jun 13 09:02:30 UTC 2014

Out of curiosity I replaced syscons with newcons on 9-STABLE. Seems
to work great, but when I start X the keyboard (connected to the
PS/2 port of an Asus P8C) doesn't work properly anymore (e.g. the
'a' key does nothing, the BS key generates a lot of '7's).

When I terminate X, I am back on the console and everything
is OK again.

I am using the proprietary Nvidia driver 304.88 on a GT 610
(also tried on a 7200).

I tried hw.vga.textmode=1 (which works) but this didn't change
the buggy behaviour.

Do I have to re-compile some X stuff? I am using xorg compiled
from ports as of 2013/01...

Any ideas?

	-Andre