Spurious returns in xterm window after 'poweroff' on FreeBSD 10 w/Tech Preview 2014... Xorg or VMware issue?

Douglas Carmichael dcarmich at dcarmichael.net
Sat Jun 7 18:42:54 UTC 2014

Steve, Darius, et al.:

Since VMware Fusion 6, I have been seeing spurious ‘return’ keyboard inputs in the xterm window after I issue a ‘poweroff’ command from within an xterm using xdm.

I tested the 2014 Technology Preview release, and I am still seeing the same behavior.

Steve, would it be an Xorg issue or a VMware issue?

Here is the VMware Communities post I made: https://communities.vmware.com/message/2388603

Here are links to the two videos demonstrating the issue.

Tech Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inuDmI7yjCM

Fusion 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6losnR1A82o

Thanks in advance for any help!

—Douglas