Newcons radeonkms - Failed to load firmware "radeonkmsfw_TURKS_PFP"

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 27 21:15:22 UTC 2014

On 27.01.2014 21:56, Mike C. wrote:
> I dont understand onde thing though... if I have i915kms unloaded and
> try to start X with the ATI card in xorg.conf should it work?

It depends on how output connectors are physically linked to the video
cards.

I think there are two possibilities out there (but note that's what I
heard, not actual knowledge):

    1. Output connectors are linked to a multiplexer, itself connected
       to both video cards. The multiplexer may be configured in the
       system BIOS or programmatically to tell which card accesses the
       connectors.

    2. Output connectors are linked to only one card (typically, the
       lower-end card). In this situation, the second card is used only
       to render buffers, but never to display them: the buffer is
       given to the first card which handles the display.

The latter situation is replacing the former one.

> I dont mind using the intel tough, and investigate If I can pass the ATI
> card to a windows guest.

Hmmm, I wonder if our video subsystem has the required features, so keep
us posted of your progress!

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron