FreeBSD and i915KMS result in black screen

kraxadmin kraxadmin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 04:49:09 UTC 2014

I only had 800*600 resolution when I installed xorg and openbox. I did some
digging and I found out for Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core
processor DRAM Controller I have to active it. so I added this to my
/etc/make.conf

 WITH_NEW_XORG=true
 WITH_KMS=true

and update my base system and also portmaster -af to update all my
packages. That update worked; **but now every time I am trying to do startxor X
-configure , my monitor goes black and and its power light start blinking
like it is on standby. further investigation showed this black screen
happens whenever I do kldload i915kms. Now i am out of idea and options.

Thank you