ports/184952: x11-servers/xorg-server: Slave port makefiles all have same error

John Marino freebsd.contact at marino.st
Wed Jan 1 18:00:03 UTC 2014

The following reply was made to PR ports/184952; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Marino <freebsd.contact at marino.st>
To: Koop Mast <kwm at rainbow-runner.nl>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, zeising at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/184952: x11-servers/xorg-server: Slave port makefiles all
 have same error
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 18:56:05 +0100

 On 1/1/2014 10:19, Koop Mast wrote:
 > I have trouble seeing what is exactly broken with the WITH_NEW_XORG
 > detection. On the survace it seems to work. Can you explain where it
 > doesn't work?
 >
 > root at crashalot:/usr/ports/x11-servers/xephyr # ident Makefile
 > Makefile:
 >      $FreeBSD: head/x11-servers/xephyr/Makefile 338299 2013-12-31
 > 13:22:14Z kwm $
 > root at crashalot:/usr/ports/x11-servers/xephyr # make -V PORTVERSION
 > 1.12.4

 Koop,
 Were you addressing Niclas?

 He claimed your commit broke it.  At first I said, "well detection must
 be broken in that case", but after thinking about it, I questioned
 Niclas if it was actually broken.  Since xorg-server still pulls in
 bsd.port.options.mk, the detection should still work (as you note).

 So right now, I'm working under the assumption there is actually no
 breakage at all, and Niclas just said the ports were broken without
 verifying first.  If that assumption is wrong, he should correct it.

 Regards,
 John