ATI graphics card on FreeBSD10: Xorg -configure fails (No DRICreatePCIBusID symbol)

Gereon Kaiping kta1c10!gereon at linta.de
Fri Feb 21 18:08:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 21 February 2014 04:33, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
> […]  WITH_NEW_XORG gets the
> later version of xorg with KMS drivers, and the ATI driver also needs
> WITH_GALLIUM.

So I added
WITH_GALLIUM=  yes
to my /etc/make.conf, ran `pkg delete -f libGL dri` and reinstalled
all packages that were depending on libGL and dri, (`portupgrade -f
[…] graphics/libGLU x11/xdriinfo x11-servers/xorg-server
x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel x11-drivers/xf86-video-mach64
x11-drivers/xf86-video-openchrome x11-drivers/xf86-video-r128
x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati x11/xorg`).

That was not enough, `X -configure` still segfaults, same as before.

So I thought maybe rebuilding world would help, but nope, that's not it either.

Seeing that x11-drivers/radeonhd is not in that list, I tried to
install it explicitly and it told me `** Port marked as IGNORE:
x11-drivers/xf86-video-radeonhd: Reports of issues with KMS,
unsupported, use xf86-video-ati.` Is that as expected or part of the
problem? Did I leave out any other critical step?

-- Gereon