Radeon driver on HD-7660D - ok so far

Graham Bradley gbradley at rocketmail.com
Wed Feb 12 23:36:29 UTC 2014

hi Jean-Sébastien

thanks for the suggestions.  I found the 'glxgears' stuff where you said, but nothing of note comes out of trying it.

also....

> .... you should try the update to
graphics/cairo, as explained in the following mail:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2014-January/014003.html

Tried the 'cairo' update you referred to, no visible difference.

> The transient ripple on filling big rectangles is visible.

I've looked again.... To clarify my earlier comment about rectangles, it may well be coming from the blue 'ncurses' -type graphics screen you get when you do a 'make config' in the process of installing a port.  The procession of character-size colour blocks is quite apparent as it forms into a menu (rectangle with text in it) but (I guess) it has nothing to do with graphics acceleration.  I have not observed anything similar in any other context.

Cheers
Graham